RE: YouTube IP Hijacking

  • From: Tomas L. Byrnes
  • Date: Sun Feb 24 23:40:39 2008

Not if only trusted peers are allowed to advertise to that AS. It's the
same mechanism proposed for blackholing on destination to dampen DOS a
while back, except it is to prevent hijacking, and therefore doesn't run
afoul of the AT&T patent (and now the prior art for this is in the
public domain).

It's also something that can be built using the existing infrastructure,
and rough consensus.