Re: YouTube IP Hijacking

  • From: Will Hargrave
  • Date: Sun Feb 24 16:29:45 2008

Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:
Clearly, they are incensed by youtube content, so what makes anyone
think that they would not be trying to engage in a case of Cyber-Jihad?

Because this usually doesn't work very well, is very evident, and easily fixed? Even on a sleepy Sunday, it took 3491 about two hours to filter/turn down 17557 and remove the problem. I bet most of their peers say that's too slow, however :-)

I generally don't assume malice when mere incompetence will suffice, but
in the case of the Islamic world, they've proved themselves malicious
towards the non-Islamic world often, and violently, enough, that I don't
believe they deserve that presumption of innocence any more.

I think your perspective is a little off.