Re: Deaggregation factor jump (Re: Weekly Routing Table Report)

  • From: Bill Nash
  • Date: Sun Feb 24 12:53:33 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, Justin Shore wrote:

Cox has jumped about 2k in the past month for me. If I could ever figure out what the OIDs are for BGP peers I would graph it.

Probably not the safest way to go about it. Might work out ok, but with the dramatic potential to blow something up, especially on a router with a full table. The bgp mib doesn't contain an object to tell you, summarized, how many prefixes a peer is sending. You would have to iterate the full routing table and pick out routes that originate from a specific AS. And then repeat it periodically to generate your time series.

You'd be better off parsing output from a zebra peer. Slightly hackish but far safer, and efficient.

- billn