RE: IPV4 as a Commodity for Profit

  • From: Rod Beck
  • Date: Mon Feb 18 12:44:04 2008

Title: RE: IPV4 as a Commodity for Profit

Hi Brand,

You want some speculators to create liquidity. At the same time you want to avoid the excessive trading that leads to speculative bubbles, whether is the equity bubble of 2000 or the real estate bubble of 2007.

I think the answer is that you need the ability to impose a transaction tax. For example, there is no real estate bubble in France because the one time costs of buying and selling are quite high.

A transaction tax would discourage excessive trading.

Bear in mind that I have devoted zero time to thinking how to construct such a market. :)

Roderick S. Beck
Director of European Sales
Hibernia Atlantic
1, Passage du Chantier, 75012 Paris
http://www.hiberniaatlantic.com
Wireless: 1-212-444-8829.
Landline: 33-1-4346-3209.
French Wireless: 33-6-14-33-48-97.
AOL Messenger: GlobalBandwidth
[email protected]
[email protected]
``Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.'' Albert Einstein.