Re: Interpersonal skills needed for Network Engineers

  • From: R. Irving
  • Date: Sat Feb 16 18:42:30 2008

Proof read, and corrected. * sigh *

time to call it a day. :-\

R. Irving wrote:

Kim Onnel wrote: <snip>

In my humble experience, i have came across people that i just feel they are
not right for such technical jobs, people would act and take their golden
fingers to the devices without logic and others who has more of a structured
approach to solving problems and thinking, some that will crank under
pressure and just loose it and others who will act rationally.
The Executive Summary:

You know those techs that are easy to understand,
and communicate so effectively,
almost always seeing things your way ?

Those are the sycophants, Jungian type "E's".

You know those techs that always seem to
be talking over your head, and telling you things
don't work the way you think, always screaming caution ?

Those are your *real* techs, Jungian type "I".

Why can't most managers figure this out ?

See:  Alpha Male Syndrome, by our friends at Monster.com
(Kate Ludeman, PhD, and Eddie Erlandson, MD)

http://www.alphamalesyndrome.com/

:-P

</noise><signal>