Interpersonal skills needed for Network Engineers

  • From: Kim Onnel
  • Date: Sat Feb 16 15:39:10 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=aOr7wa6DWJJZQkKq3VHeCJiGOjBP9uFvJd0wu+FeMLs=; b=BXRXZHs4/nHJ8V/kdfHuIBSPghl1R452A57F7Q8oWcXQuvE4tmQ2ZVH2UMAVvnkkZZArowfHhxFOI80QRiHfpSY18n/XlCLj5KqhbUVxjD0LObbXTLMJOxd2xwYqdlhsoAy08jpeCVk0fuX1cyGW00uUa9YzabXguSpb8ZO3n1E=

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for defining what are skills needed in people that will work in an ISP's operational/NOC environment as Network Engineers.

In my humble experience, i have came across people that i just feel they are not right for such technical jobs, people would act and take their golden fingers to the devices without logic and others who has more of a structured approach to solving problems and thinking, some that will crank under pressure and just loose it and others who will act rationally.

Please correct me if i am wrong and if you believe such skills could be gained by time/training?

Maybe the above doesnt really need to be there for others in the development/engineering departments where more of studying and analysis skills are required, please correct me if i am wrong.

Private msg me if needed.

Thanks,
Kim