Re: Question on the topology of Internet Exchange Points

  • From: Michuki Mwangi
  • Date: Fri Feb 15 00:14:07 2008

Paul Vixie wrote:

i don't know what's true of other IXP's around the world.

At the Kenyan Internet Exchange Point (KIXP), we require that all operators have a BGP-speaking router mounted on the racks at the facility. All connections are done through the IXP switches. We have not had a demand for crossconnects or PNI's and dont offer the services as yet.

We have a multi-lateral peering agreement but allow for private peering (bi-lateral agreements) for transit, etc.

Regards,

Michuki.