Re: named.root

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Tue Feb 05 11:32:29 2008
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hi,

In the case of root zone file edits, IANA does not post completion until we
are notified by VeriSign that the change is complete.  This typically lags a
few days from when the change actually enters the zone file.  This is an
issue we have raised with VeriSign on several occasions and should be
remedied for good in the near future with the deployment of new software to
help manage the root zone data.

This is completely independent of the fact that a mirror failed because a
maximum connection limit was being reached.

Thanks,
-drc