Re: [admin] Re: Fourth cable damaged in Middle Eest (Qatar to UAE)

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams
  • Date: Mon Feb 04 14:33:00 2008

Alex Pilosov wrote:
This conversation is quickly spinning into discussion of politics and
terrorism.

Reminder to all, please stick to the *operational* aspects of this thread.

-alex [NANOG MLC Chair]

Agreed.

In December of 2005, for reasons entirely personal, I read every paper available at the Dudley Knox (Naval Post Graduate School) and the Air University (Maxwell AFB) Libraries mentioned in Greta Marlatt's 06/00 IO bibliography -- Information Warfare & Information Operations (IW/IO). A Bibliography, Documents, Theses & Technical Reports.

This is a snap-shot of where IO was five year ago. People who want to flesh out a modern IO reading list please mail me (off-list) your URLs.

In a nutshell, there were many, many operationally unsophisticated and more-dangerous-to-self-then-other ideas in these papers, in addition to alot of "Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA) Wonder-Cruft, and a lot of it was blatent fund-me stuff.

My two beads worth,
Eric