Re: Blackholes and IXs and Completing the Attack.

  • From: Rick Astley
  • Date: Sun Feb 03 02:09:41 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=NUYgVES2x4ASE65UbEP0aRQi2z+hBCn+XxvnrEaKL7M=; b=bnHKcpbFEN1fgv4v2NczYazn8SjXlPvHDYEco98w6Cq2eR3i2Y6HuhFwowi4S9pCMplmetTbnl5L9sVhLCLo2VQIXYCauKaTrkSLR5KGGbLscfFhJ6KyK9/kBHt5xzCxuAlXBj7x4BB93TD3qk9ytrBC/QRrihLRhj8FU6IuejI=

I see your point, but I think maintaining the box for the control session would also require a decent amount of work.
Presumably, since you must all adhere to some quasi-standard to communicate with the control peer, you could probably also agree on creating a standard BGP community (ie. 64666:666 & no-export) to use and just skip the middle man.

Granted, I am kind of new as well, and I assume if the solution were that simple more people would be using it.