Re: Another cablecut - sri lanka to suez Re: Sicily to Egypt undersea cable disruption

  • From: Scott Francis
  • Date: Fri Feb 01 17:24:02 2008
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=ix2Tb8T/mvWWYCL06QlTyOFpWnieExgMcUAXuKEx69M=; b=kG0Go0EHqS6k9QU8UvviCfeYFA2TbduRmSOqccpHXRSJ4jvZPqxTRodxqhEvSfJmEwAkxlVRpVcDzasuHfkB3PTm/QH6QqXGCMpzYGzLtNXZ/+d691rSb6olm0R/3D1N2fcQUOjQRjUqaS4gDCApbhj+Lw4Ohiog8Bq8K2OEaxU=

On Feb 1, 2008 6:37 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> wrote:

> http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/third-undersea-cable-reportedly-cut/story.aspx?guid={1AAB2A79-E983-4E0E-BC39-68A120DC16D9}
>
>  "We had another cut today between Dubai and Muscat three hours back.
> The cable was about 80G capacity, it had telephone, Internet data,
> everything," one Flag official, who declined to be named, told Zawya
> Dow Jones.
> The cable, known as Falcon, delivers services to countries in the
> Mediterranean and Gulf region, he added.

this (3 undersea cables in about a week, serving the same geographic
area, with two of the cuts happening on the same day!) is leaving the
realm of improbability and approaching the realm of conspiracy ...

(either that, or the backhoe operators' union has decided there's
better money to be made on water than on land.)
--
[email protected]{gmail.com,darkuncle.net} || 0x5537F527
  http://darkuncle.net/pubkey.asc for public key