Re: potential hazards of Protect-America act

  • From: James R. Cutler
  • Date: Tue Jan 29 18:42:41 2008

Well, it could affect the equipment required, floor space, real estate cost, log retention, bandwidth requirements, equipment addressing, procedures, training, trouble desk, employee count and, probably, more. So, I would think it would affect network operations. I would suggest that it is on topic. There are business and legal hazards along with the technical hazards. Compliance with differing data privacy and retention laws are not the least of these.