Re: NetworkSolutions - Was: Re: v6 gluelessness

  • From: Jeroen Massar
  • Date: Wed Jan 23 19:25:52 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

David Freedman wrote:

Will somebody please, please PLEASE let me know what magic process for networksolutions are to get AAAA glue added, am on the 72nd hour of the phone game where questions are bouncing between:

as far as i have been able to sort this

o netsol understands aaaa glue

o the registrar has to push it to the netsol registry

And what if NetSol is your registrar that needs to add the glue!?

Indeed, welcome to the 72 hour+++ phone loop with clueless folks who don't understand what you are talking about.

Apparently, around 2003 somewhere there was clueful and when you mailed [email protected] they could add the relevant entries manually. Last couple of times I tried that though, the person who answered clearly didn't understand the concept of glue, let alone AAAA's or what IPv6 or even IP remotely was...

As the roots will have AAAA glue starting next month, but for .org it is apparently impossible to get it added though, I am not going to spend time to get through to them though. We can only pray that they finally start getting a clue somehow and add it to their webinterface so that we don't have to go through it manually.

The real solution seems to be: swapping to Enom.

Greets,
 Jeroen