Re: Cost per prefix [was: request for help w/ ATT and terminology]

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Wed Jan 23 13:43:01 2008

On 23 Jan 2008, at 17:24, Paul Vixie wrote:

[email protected] (Andy Davidson) writes:
People pay the RIRs.
The RIRs spend money on parties for network operators.
according to <http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/budget.html> for 2007 and
<http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/annual/2006_audited_financials.pdf >
for 2006 and 2005, ARIN's expenses are mostly unrelated to partying.

After fielding plenty of offlist mail - I'm sorry that my tongue in cheek comments caused some raised eyebrows; it was a non-serious suggestion for how the RIRs could spend an imaginary windfall, not a comment that they spend too much on socials. I recognise the value of conferencing, and the importance of injecting some socials at conference events since it's really good opportunity for delegates to spend time talking to others in the industry.

Andy