Re: v6 gluelessness

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Tue Jan 22 04:03:26 2008

On 21 jan 2008, at 14:02, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

and please tell me why any of the tech and admin pocs of these
cctlds should give a <bleep> what my server's actual ip address is.

Going back to operational issue (yes, incredible as it may seems, I
won't write here what I think of ICANN), there is a *technical*
solution to this issue, which is the one deployed by the
RIPE-NCC. Give a different *name* (and may be a different *IP
address*) to every ccTLD.

This is suboptimal because it limits the opportunity for nameservers to measure RTTs and contact the fastest server.

TLD operators should make up their mind: either control their servers, or trust the people that they gave control to to make these kinds of decisions.