Re: v6 gluelessness

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Fri Jan 18 22:56:19 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 5:54 PM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
Contact the TLD's.  Send them two e-mails, and two faxes.  But all
of those should contain "you have 30 days to object, or we will
move forward anyway".

This is along the lines of what we're going to propose. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm all for giving people a reasonable way to object, and/or "protect"
the things they run.  I think though giving them an opportunity to
stop any process completely in its tracks is, well, stupid.

I've heard this opinion stated (usually by technical folks) quite frequently. Trust me when I say I don't disagree. It is interesting (in the 'Ebola virus' form of interesting) to see what happens when international politics and apolitical technology intersect...

I'd get involved in making the process less stupid, but frankly IANA
politics make my head hurt. :)

And you thought I was grumpy just by nature? :-)

Regards,
-drc