Re: v6 gluelessness

  • From: David Conrad
  • Date: Fri Jan 18 18:25:46 2008

Randy,

On Jan 18, 2008, at 12:54 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
i finally sent off an email, but have no response, yet.

Should have gotten a response by now. If not, let me know.

i have hope, as the team there now is pretty good. it's probably just my lack of talent at navigating that much layer >= 9 paper. they need a link on the entry page saying "old ops folk go here."

We've been working on getting a new web site up for quite a while, unfortunately other fires took priority (sigh).

I've done this a number of times over the past few years and have not had any problems.
send url.

http://www.iana.org/cctld/nameserver-change-requests-09may01.htm

i will. i am trying to document ops processes for v6 in my feeble way, doing it in a blog-like fashion. e.g. for the sage of doing it at one small set of servers see <http://rip.psg.com/~randy/ipv6-westin.html >. more clues would be appreciated. i am hoping all this will seem trite and passe in six months or so.

As you will (or already have) discover, you are entering a particularly unpleasant area of existing policy, namely dealing with a name server that is shared by many TLDs. We're trying to fix this, but (as with seemingly all things associated with ICANN), it is taking too long.

Regards,
-drc