Re: v6 gluelessness

  • From: Jeroen Massar
  • Date: Fri Jan 18 17:48:31 2008

Andreas Ott wrote:
Hi,

even if Randy is successful to get IPv6 glue records added to the the
root zone, how would I get to them?  This is not obvious from my corner
of the net.

Yet...

As previously posted all around the net:
On 4 February 2008, IANA will add AAAA records for the IPv6 addresses of the four root servers whose operators have requested it. A technical analysis of inserting IPv6 records into the root has been done by a joint working group of ICANN's Root Server System Advisory Committee and Security and Stability Advisory Committee, a report of which can be found at http://www.icann.org/committees/security/sac018.pdf, Network operators should take whatever steps they feel appropriate to prepare for the inclusion of AAAA records in response to root queries

Greets,
 Jeroen