Re: Cisco IP forwarding question

  • From: Jeroen Massar
  • Date: Thu Jan 17 16:56:53 2008

[email protected] wrote:

I have a customer that's trying to do something I've never seen before, and I'm trying to help him set it up.

They have a 2811 set up with a VPN using a GRE tunnel.  We have that up
and running to the other end ok.  However, the customer wants to control
which RFC 1918 10.x space he assigns to each external destination within a
larger NAT'd VPN, mostly using 10.x space.

The solution is simple: go to $RIR, justify the address space(1), and get it.

No more silly kludges and all problems resolved.

Greets,
 Jeroen

1 = be it IPv4 or IPv6