Re: request for help w/ ATT and terminology

  • From: Joe Greco
  • Date: Thu Jan 17 10:32:49 2008

> P.S. if your network is all in one cage, it can't be that difficult
> to just renumber it all into AT&T address space.

Oh, come on, let's not be naive.  It's perfectly possible to have a common
situation where it would be exceedingly difficult to do this.  Anything
that gets wired in by IP address, particularly on remote computers, would
make this a killer.  That could include things such as firewall rules/ACL's,
recursion DNS server addresses, VPN adapters, VoIP equipment with stacks too
stupid to do DNS, etc.

... JG