Re: Off Topic

  • From: Alex Pilosov
  • Date: Tue Jan 15 22:47:49 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Rod Beck wrote:

> At the risk of incurring Mr. Pilosoft's wrath (the Putin of NANOG?),
You meant the "srh of nanog". And I'm not ;)

> I'll looking for NANOG style ISP meetings to attend in Europe this year
> (France, Germany, UK, Belgium, and Netherlands). Any suggestions would
> be appreciated. Please bypass the list and send them directly to me.
The first thing that comes to mind is RIPE. Next thing that comes to mind
is UKNOF.

Also, that isn't really off-topic. However, if you get off-list replies,
could you please do a follow-up summary post and list the european neteng
groups, that would be quite helpful. A good starting point for the search
is www.euro-ix.net, which lists european IXPs. Many IXP's have annual (or
more often) meetings of members, which serve similarly to NANOG. See:
https://www.euro-ix.net/news/meetevent/ for starters.

-alex