Re: Stupid Question: Network Abuse RFC?

  • From: Steve Atkins
  • Date: Sun Jan 13 01:48:42 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 9:58 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Jan 13, 2008 12:43 AM, Paul Ferguson <[email protected]> wrote:

- -- Randy Bush <[email protected]> wrote:

2142

but i am surprised you asked here instead of an ietf list. here we
actually do the stuff, not tell other folk how they should do it. :)

Thanks for the pointer, and I even appreciate you snarky reply. :-)

2142 isn't really related to abuse much, other than suggesting use of the [email protected] and [email protected] aliases for reporting. I can't think of any other docs that are abuse related, useful and RFCs, though.

There was also some work ongoing in INCH, that included some machine-parsable reporting formats (RID I believe... Ms Moriarty's work, if I remember correctly)

ARF too, if the abuse is email-based.

http://www.shaftek.org/publications/drafts/abuse-report/
http://wordtothewise.com/resources/arf.html

Cheers,