Re: Microsoft's Black Tuesday bandwidth impact?

  • From: Jay Hennigan
  • Date: Wed Jan 09 17:39:37 2008

Frank Bulk wrote:
Every month I look at my upstream bandwidth graphs and I see no blip in the
hours before 3 am on Microsoft's Black Tuesday.  I would think that with the
thousands of PCs out on our network downloading updates around that time
that I would see *something*.  I know every Black Tuesday I see my three
PC's blinking a logon screen.

Are MSFT's monthly updates really a non-event in regards to internet
bandwidth?

Do you have Akamai servers locally on-net?

--
Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - [email protected]