IPv6 connectivity mandates?

  • From: Justin M. Streiner
  • Date: Mon Jan 07 18:59:57 2008

Given all of the discussion about IPv6 on this last over the past several weeks, I figured I'd chum the waters a bit more :) This is mainly for people working in colleges and universities, but could apply to ISP/NSPs as well.

Has anyone seen any indication that, given the US government's push to deploy IPv6, they will start (or perhaps they've started already?) writing mandates for applicant networks to have IPv6 connectivity into the requirements for federally funded grants?

Is anyone seeing anything similar outside of the United States?

Thanks
jms