Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jan 02 20:11:15 2008

The only caveat is, that some parties may mess with it on prefixes they receive.

Which is true for all TE items.

Just like a provider may local pref their own customers paths over external paths to get there even given the existence of TE. Some providers are quite rabid about this.

Perhaps we should also define TE at a high level as whether we are talking about default behavior in most cases, or some case where need absolute deterministic precision. I think we can agree on the Internet that the latter is not possible.

TE examples like the example Brian gives (which I am sure many of us are aware of) nicely fit into the first category.

Deepak