RE: DreamHost Contact?

  • From: Stasiniewicz, Adam
  • Date: Mon Dec 31 05:52:23 2007

In a previous job (circa mid 2004), I had attempted to get materials removed from a DreamHost client (they where hosting it in violation of my, at the time, employer's copyright).  The DreamHost abuse process was completely useless, and we ended up having to take direct action against the website operator to get the content removed.  During this process I did some research into DreamHost and found some very interesting articles.  Here is a more recently published one that highlights what I am getting at http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2007/05/us_based_terror.php (I should note, the site is still up and still hosted by DreamHost).

I am 99.9% sure that after successfully hosting websites for Al-Qaeda for over 3 years (on US based servers, by US citizens, living in the US) they are not going to care much about some SSH port scan.

My $0.02,
Adam Stasiniewicz