Re: South America Peering

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Thu Dec 27 21:46:51 2007

At 07:39 PM 12/27/2007, AD wrote:
hello,

does anyone have any experience with peering in S. America? I am looking to move a lot of data between NewYork/LA and a few south american countries and looking for some ISPs that have reliable peering into those countries.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. The one i did find was Terremark, but no others yet.

Adam,

If you want connectivity to Latin America (inc. S. America) from the US (LA & NY), then you probably want to be at NOA in Miami. That is a Terremark facility, but lots of carriers are there. Look at their carrier customer list and you will see all of the carriers connected to them in Miami:

http://marketplace.terremark.com/bysegment.asp?s=1

We have a few connections which go through NOA and we have found the pricing to get high speed circuits to NY and LA from Miami to be very reasonable. Good luck with your project.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995 http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211 "Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin