Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Tue Dec 25 05:54:04 2007

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Jeroen Massar wrote:

For some magic reasons though(*), it seems to be completely ludacrist to
do it this way, even though it would make the bill very clear and it
would charge the right amount for the right things and not some
arbitrary number for some other arbitrary things

(* = then again I don't have an mba or something like that so I prolly
    miss out an all kinds of important factors why people have to make
    it so complex)

I don't have an MBA either. However I will note that many european airlines itemise their bills such that external costs (like taxes, shared-resource fees, etc) are seperated out.

This practice seems particularly popular with low-cost airlines, as it allows them to advertise rock-bottom fares, where that fare is just the cost they have control of.

So there seems to be real-world precedent for your proposal, in one of the tightest-margin and most cost-sensitive industries around.

Prettige kerstdagen!

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	[email protected]	[email protected]	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: