Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sun Dec 23 02:17:33 2007

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

Leave enough address space for pd to occur? We know that if I hand you
the end-user a /64 that the first device that you connect to the network

What about the "wan" side of that connection? I want the customer to only source traffic from the /56 being assigned and I don't want ISP router to have any IPs in that space. Does IPv6 capable CPEs have the possibility to source packets from local network (received via pd) and only have FE80: IP for upstream routing which is never used as an SRC address for communication with the outside world (apart from upstream router)?

If not, is this something that we should ask the CPE vendors for? It would be extremely nice for CoPP etc for ISP routers to have no IP in customer space, and CPEs to have no IP in ISP link-network space. Would make for very effective infrastructure ACLs.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]