Re: v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Sat Dec 22 18:04:23 2007

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> Randy Bush wrote:
>> the "but what if they want the toaster on a separate subnet from the
>> blender" gives a new depth to 'reaching.'  the one case i can think of
>> for firewalling/routing within the home is to keep the bathroom scale
>> from locking the fridge.
> If ipv6 subnetting is going to be hosed up at this point it's going to
> be done by people deploying it.

unfortunately, 'hosed up' only seems to be understood some years out.

smb's point is apt, we always end up too small.

but i still have a very hard time understanding what we are gonna do
with more than a /56 to a consumer connection.

and if i start to go to the left of a /56, where do i stop?  there is no
obvious detent on the knob.

randy