Re: European ISP enables IPv6 for all?

  • From: Alain Durand
  • Date: Mon Dec 17 19:21:38 2007

Apparently, from what I have gathered from other french people, Free has
rolled out a variation of 6to4 using their own prefix instead of the well
known 2002::/16. As they control their home gateway, this was fairly easy
for them to do and did not require much core infrastructure change. The
apparent benefit is that they control the routing of the return packets and
thus do not need to worry about packets going through Palo Alto, Switzerland
or Korea (well known 6to4 relays) on their way back from the 'native' IPv6
Internet...

   - Alain.