Re: IEEE 40GE & 100GE

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Wed Dec 12 06:29:46 2007

A practical question here: does anyone know offhand if 4km reach is
adequate for interbuilding access (i.e., DC[124] to DC3) access at
Equinix Ashburn, including worst-case interior wiring and cross
connects?  I'm thinking that's cutting it close.  The enterprise
people are substantially less likely to find themselves with a lot of
interconnections in a GCE (Ginormous Campus Environment) than we are,
and I suspect that skews the 90% number a bit.  Folks who are more
familiar with the layout of other facilities may wish to chime in here.

                                        ---Rob