Re: Oregon storms affect trans-pacific traffic

  • From: Lynda
  • Date: Tue Dec 04 18:24:14 2007

Mark Newton wrote:

On 05/12/2007, at 9:29 AM, John Savageau wrote:

If there is anything we at One Wilshire can do to assist any network ...

SCCN have carried out a temporary repair, and services are now restored
(ours are, in any case -- Two of our six unprotected STM-4's on SCCN were
affected by this, but they're now back)

Sounds like things are pretty bad at Portland, Oregon.  Repair took over
24 hours because flooding prevented the splicing crews from getting to
the worksite.  Ouch.

Normally I'd be quiet, but realize that not all news travels, even when it's bad. I don't know whether it's been restored, but last I heard, traffic on I-5 between Portland and Seattle was completely cut off, and traffic was being routed through Yakima (making a 3 hour trip into a 7 hour trip). Oregon is very hard hit. Here's the Washington map; it's bad enough here.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/trafficalerts/