Request for input: ISP tools

  • From: Pete Templin
  • Date: Tue Dec 04 09:27:35 2007

List,

I'm compiling a tutorial (or series thereof) for small-medium ISPs, covering the gotchas we've all experienced one way or another. As I build the framework, I'm looking for community input in two categories:

1) Tools - What home-grown tool gave your network operations a great leap forward? I'd appreciate hearing about the concept and the result. Bonus points if it's something you can package and make available, or provide a framework for others to build.

2) Requests - What tool do you wish you had? What lesson have you learned, but you haven't managed to automate your way around it?

Please unicast your responses to [email protected] - summaries to be found at a NANOG near you*

* in varying definitions of 'near'...

Pete