Re: Book on Network Architecture and Design

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Mon Dec 03 17:22:05 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, John Kristoff wrote:

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:16:47 -0200 "MARLON BORBA" <[email protected]> wrote:

I am in search of a good book about Network Architecture and Design,
with emphasis in Quality of Service and convergent networks, to be used
as a reference. Could you please indcate your favorites?

Some might say those two mutually exclusive sets, but here are some of my favorite general reference networking books good for most any netop's library (in no particular order):

 An Engineering Approach to Computer Networks
 S. Keshav

 TCP/IP Illustrated: Volume I
 W. Richard Steves

Just nitpicking, but SteveNs is the bible to me.