Re: Giga fiber Tap

  • From: Robert E. Seastrom
  • Date: Sun Dec 02 21:55:48 2007

You can get fiber splitters from any number of places, and so long as
you have the link budget for a 3dB or so hit, a 50/50 splitter will do
fine.  I have to give you a warning on one though.  Fiberdyne (
http://www.fiberdyne.com/ ) doesn't understand the meaning of "we're
in a hurry, ship what you can ship immediately, get the rest of it out
to us as soon as you can".  They think "immediately" means "a week and
a half later, and we'll screw up your credit card information and burn
a couple of more days getting back to you".  I had an order a few
years ago where I tried to get some pretty standard, stock value
(10dB) single mode buildout style attenuators and they took the better
part of a month to get 'em to me after telling me they coudl ship the
same day.  I recently decided to give them another chance, and while
they weren't a month late they did in fact take almost two weeks to
ship the first part of a "rush" order.

Joe-Bob says "avoid Fiberdyne".

                                        ---Rob