North American Network Operators Group|
Date Prev | Date Next |
Date Index |
Thread Index |
Author Index |
Connections among ASes
- From: Chengchen Hu
- Date: Thu Nov 29 20:12:32 2007
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject:message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; bh=InmJcaLcTTOb+iygfU+WY/UtTPerGCrmZBCoKPFzA14=; b=xFd1nJTuE/cCmGMd6VClwZ8378CcZxNYt5BX2nIf45knlNmyRzRZR92s/cx+QNgukuGijN/WMDnkqvk/Lzmu9Ul+sGXkGzr94+m+ThP1Cb6ehY/+n/n88GNETiT2PKWIVw7igwXTH29wwjTgHs7NNc0LTjn3EG5+06rREyMuaAc=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=received:date:from:to:subject:message-id:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:sender; b=BFWVtn4PGoyT6UtYGNz2YywjgkjWbZeX+SnkO+TVsgIgPu+tnSzzJKYkwiMNM+KhF02CACU9jxe6cFri8L1sfnrCpNR1KKLtJ+2mdmD7U4cyPybJGMkdBWY7ZaYGtt5xTO++O+c9xYOXVoas2m1+woOkuLdM4t8I3UrfzTR3ihY=
I am not sure about whether the following two conditions are true or not:
1) there is no such a direct link between two routers located in two Internet eXchange Points-IXPs (even in same city) if they are from different ASes. For example, a router A belongs to AS x located in IXP1, and router B belongs to AS y located in IXP2, there is no link between A and B.
2) small AS will not use one router to connect to 2 different providers in differnet IXPs. It is much cheaper using one router to connect with different ASes in a same IXP.