Re: Cisco outage

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Tue Nov 27 09:38:12 2007
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=dIBAYCz+GhbiSwcX6FaJdb12XX+6t14vw9hrrrLLu/g=; b=L4NNekQhHL3afHOuAFHuOM9socY3drAEAqV/XibFN5MGkCmBgyjb4v54xGyOH2sNvlLelIh5Lhns9P9OKI9/ki2Qgg7iQ3GZno0EnEFWrZryr9KBJdXeJsilzpR7rYlPvmwvQW7eZ8DEkza4sLhscZuAJulOJW0LP5xFS7B8Q0o=

On Nov 27, 2007 8:18 AM, J. Oquendo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Martin Hannigan wrote:
>
> > Can someone please indirectly email Mr. Oquendo and advise him that we
> > would like to have a word with him? He seems to have blocked Google
> > and has made us unable to have a chat.
>
> Blocked Google? Strange I got this message. But since you wanted to
> direct this back to the list when I responded to you, let me level
> the playing ground and post my direct response to you. Since after
> all I did follow procedures and leave it off the list.

I received the following message when I responded to your complaint
related to my first note, which you opted to post to the list.

> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>      [email protected]
>
> Technical details of permanent failure:
> PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 554 Service unavailable; Client
> host [209.85.198.190] blocked using ubl.unsubscore.com; Sender has
> sent to LashBack Unsubscribe Probe accounts

Let me repost my response to your complaint, which it appears you may
not have gotten:

--begin

We do have people "bitching" when they are asked to be more on-topic,
much like people bitch when they get speeding tickets. They seem to
"slow down" after our requests and are remarkably on topic.

    4.  Postings that include foul language, character assassination,
         and lack of respect for other participants are prohibited.

    6.  Postings of political, philosophical, and legal nature are prohibited.

We could take a drive down Warning St. if you like, but we prefer to
point out things without warnings and suggest voluntary compliance
instead of arm twisting with warnings. It's your choice, not ours.

--end

Let me reiterate that my motivation was my interpretation of your
conduct on the list previously as being fairly non contributory and
combative, as demonstrated above. It's certainly ok for you to
disagree. I welcome it so that we can attempt to make the list better.
That does not mean that you are correct.

Your belief that my interpretation is incorrect, and open for debate,
is noted and will be taken up with a higher power at a later date.

Best Regards,

Martin Hannigan
NANOG MLC Member