[admin] Re: unwise filtering policy from cox.net

  • From: Alex Pilosov
  • Date: Tue Nov 20 15:13:33 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 [email protected] wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:21:19 PST, [email protected] said:
> > This seems a rather unwise policy on behalf of cox.net -- their
> > customers can originate scam emails, but cox.net abuse desk apparently
> > does not care to hear about it.
>
> Seems to be perfectly wise if you're a business and care more about
> making money than getting all tangled up in pesky things like morals and
> ethics. It's great when you can help the balance sheet by converting
> "ongoing support costs" and "loss of paying customers" into what
> economists call "externalities" (in other words, they make the
> decisions, but somebody else gets to actually pay for the choices made).
This is one of the threads where posting further will not be productive.

Cox abuse has been named and shamed, and hopefully, the next post we see
to the thread will be from them.

As a reminder, political discussions, and discussions about spam filtering
(other than operational, such as [email protected] or [email protected]) are off-topic for
nanog. Please keep it this way.

-alex [mlc chair]