AOL Postmaster issues

  • From: Drew Weaver
  • Date: Mon Nov 19 11:24:38 2007
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I have a question which has been unanswerable by normal channels, I will post it here hopefully someone else has run into it and I will not waste too much of anyone's time with it.

Our abuse department has been receiving e-mails daily with our feedback loop with AOL about e-mails which were 'supposedly' sent about a year ago.

Does this mean that A) the message was sent almost year ago but was not read and marked as spam until today? Or b) the "abuser" is changing the date on the mail server which is messing with their means of reporting it in their feedback loops? (the second one doesn't seem likely, but if it is the case we would like to kick this guy off of our network...)

(shouldn't they have some limit on how long they will allow people to report spam?)

Below is the header and part of the message we're getting from AOL...