Re: Postmaster Operator List?

  • From: Andy Davidson
  • Date: Mon Nov 19 10:57:20 2007

On 16 Nov 2007, at 15:54, Justin Scott wrote:

Is there a mailing list similar to NANOG specifically for e-mail
operations? I've seen some smaller lists around that deal with specific
issues (spam, etc.) but have not seen a general postmaster operations
mailing list, though I'm sure there has to be one around somewhere.

Sorry for the noise.

I emailed -futures registering my interests for such a list, and it got a mixed response. It's a shame, as like you I would like to see a busy, interesting, mail operations list, and derive value from one.

I think that it will always be to controversial to start a nanog 'branded' mail operators list. I also understand why the MAAWG lists are run as a closed system, but recognise this prevents smaller sites from taking part.

When discussing this with folks on -futures or irc people agree that a public mail operations list might be a good experiment, so I have just created one

[email protected]