Re: Abusive traffic from Microsoft China?

  • From: goemon
  • Date: Thu Nov 08 13:34:34 2007

What are you seeing? port 80 traffic? port 25?

thousands of random connections sounds like web indexing to me.

-Dan

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, David Hubbard wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing huge random floods of traffic from:

inetnum:      202.96.51.128 - 202.96.51.255
netname:      MICROSOFT-CO
descr:        Microsft (China) Co.Ltd
country:      CN
admin-c:      CH455-AP
tech-c:       SY21-AP
mnt-by:       MAINT-CNCGROUP-BJ
changed:      [email protected] 20060926
status:       ALLOCATED NON-PORTABLE
source:       APNIC
changed:      [email protected] 20060926

On a nearly daily basis we see them randomly open
thousands of connections from a variety of addresses
in that block to multiple servers.  I've emailed
of coruse but that results in nothing.  Probably
will just end up blocking them.

Thanks,

David