Re: AS 7018 BGP blackhole / AT&T contact sought

  • From: Donald Stahl
  • Date: Tue Nov 06 18:56:00 2007

...but without a (public) reply. It has been suggested (both in the follow-ups to the above and elsewhere) that there are people involved with 7018 that are frequent readers here; I'm really hoping one of them will take pity on us and either reply here or communicate with me off-list.

We are in need of an RFC3882-esque method of null-routing /32s on-demand on our provider's network before they are sent to us. I can provide details of our circumstances if requested. I have been trying to get the answer to this question from AT&T MIS support for days now, but have gotten nowhere. The telephone support guys won't talk to me about this and tell me to use "Life Cycle" / e-mail for this issue. E-mail replies from AWMIS are days in coming and not helpful (typically just providing me with more hoops that they want to make me jump through), and I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the level of "support" being given. All I need is a "yes" or "no" response and, if "yes" is the answer, the proper community to use.
They don't support it. Other communities yes. Blackhole no. At least that's what's I've always been told by them.

-Don