Re: Hey, SiteFinder is back, again...

  • From: Steve Atkins
  • Date: Tue Nov 06 16:08:58 2007

From: Barry Shein <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 13:05:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Hey, SiteFinder is back, again...

Since this is verizon, one wonders why this has never been tried on
wrong, non-working phone numbers?

      Visit your local chevy dealer, no interest for 12 months! We're
      sorry, the number you have reached....

is it illegal?

Before they could do it, they'd have to file -- and get approved -- a tariff with the public utilities commission in each state.

I'm not at all sure how well such a proposal would fly there.

There are already companies offering advertising funded long distance service. And advertising funded VoIP dialtone.

It's not like this is a hypothetical that's bizarrely out there.

Cheers,
  Steve