AS-level connectivity survey

  • From: Ricardo V. Oliveira
  • Date: Tue Nov 06 04:37:42 2007

Hi,

We are doing a survey as a part of an academic research on inter-AS connectivity, namely assessing how many AS-level links are missing from that inferred from public sources such as BGP tables. If you could participate in this survey, it will be greatly appreciated. All data will be anonymized in any kind of use, including the survey report.

If you would like to participate, could you please send me a message offline with information bellow?

For each ASN in your network:
* Type of network (transit/content/eyeball/research)
* Total number of neighbor ASes (e.g. if AS A and AS B have multiple eBGP sessions, it will count only once).
* Number of peers (versus customers)
* Number of peers that peer at IXPs?
* Which IXPs do you have presence

Plus any comments you'd like to make about inter-AS connectivity, and feel free to give a partial answer.

We have condensed the BGP-derived AS-level connectivity information in the following website:
http://irl.cs.ucla.edu/topology/survey
Which you can use to check how accurate is the "public view" of your network connectivity.

Thanks!

--Ricardo