Re: mail operators list

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Thu Nov 01 01:24:19 2007
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=FD9D7UslyXLiV0Hq6QPyuCSEddiTMGeTdU7BaRFE7pA=; b=AGVX+tyJUCoRDZZDUL+cX6ZNEYc2Jo6g8Z3LrlmjqclZ0o8wdNc1vHXJbmrKsP/icraRqXm21AJz1WEnaZovUoTx3H3UIeywWlZ1IzEpCmHi7P3RZnA59XzqRfIvcbg1kskkLWz74Hbrf9q9Df75S+a9Mq5ObQQP4F1Uw2WJge8=

On 10/31/07, Alex Pilosov <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

[ snip ]

> MLC's position is that anything that is acceptable for the conference is
> acceptable on the list. Mail operations are on-topic, although
> tangentially. Spam filtering is definitely off-topic.

Perhaps personal filtering is not, but spam appliances or home grown
filtering, methods, code, or techniques for the purpose of despamming
customer in/out mail is mail operations are, for all intents and
purposes, on topic. I've demonstrated this myself in a few topics
related to spam ddos and surrounding tools and techniques.

The only thing I'd ask is that people don't branch off threads. It
messes up our killfiles. :-)

Martin Hannigan
NANOG MLC Member