BGP Peering and Prefix filterin Question

  • From: Jim McBurnett
  • Date: Mon Oct 29 14:25:30 2007
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello,

Recently I have been told that some ISP’s are automatically or maybe manually modifying their BGP inbound prefix listing after a network is not advertised to them for a period of time.

So the questions I pose to the group:

1.       Is this normal?

2.       Can anyone share your policies?

3.       Who does it?

4.       How often?

5.       Is it automagic? Or the dirty work slaved off to the junior engineer in the corner somewhere?

a.       I know you probably won’t trust that junior engineer, but some do….

Anyway just a little research after a small problem a customer recently had.

Thanks,

Jim