North American Network Operators Group

Date Prev | Date Next | Date Index | Thread Index | Author Index | Historical

Re: Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Fri Oct 26 05:09:56 2007


Sean Donelan wrote:
When 5% of the users don't play nicely with the rest of the 95% of
the users; how can network operators manage the network so every user
receives a fair share of the network capacity?
This question keeps getting asked in this thread. What is there about a scavenger class (based either on monthly volume or actual traffic rate) that doesn't solve this?

Sam