Re: Can P2P applications learn to play fair on networks?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Oct 26 02:45:16 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Paul Ferguson wrote:
As a consumer/customer, I say "Don't sell it it if you can't
deliver it." And not just "sometimes" or "only during foo time".

All the time. Regardless of my applications. I'm paying for it.

I think you have confused a circuit switch network with a packet switched network.

If you want a specific capacity 24x7x365 buy a circuit, i.e. T1, T3, OCx. It costs more, but it will be your capacity 100% of the time.

There is a reason why shared capacity costs less than dedicated capacity.