Re: Abovenet OC48 down

  • From: Jason Matthews
  • Date: Thu Oct 25 18:25:14 2007

Simon Lockhart wrote:
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 at 02:54:27PM -0700, Jason Matthews wrote:
I lost nearly all of my bgp routes to Above a few minutes ago. The NOC has they have an oc48 down some where, as of this writing the location has not been localized.

Does anyone actually believe that an ISP could know that they've got an OC48 down, but not which one it was?

Simon
It probably has more to do with not knowing the locality of the failure. Knowing you have a circuit down, and knowing why and the location of the failure are two very different things. Given that I spoke to them within ten minutes of failure, that is hardly enough time to mobilize splice teams, recall people from dinner breaks, etc. It is a no brainer that they dont have alot of information.

j.